Five Ways to Update Your Space in the New Year
When the ball drops on New Year’s Eve, we tend to start thinking of all the ways we want to overhaul our lives, but what about our houses? Here are five pieces of inspiration for updating your space in the new year.
1. Go bold. Paint an accent wall or a piece of furniture an of-the-moment, intense hue – like bright blue, fuchsia, kelly green or purple.
2. Embrace nature. Lacking a green thumb? Try succulents, which are some of the easiest plants to keep alive. Planters in natural materials like concrete and wood extend the organic feel.
3. Play with patterns. Geometric patterns continue to dominate décor designs. Integrate them into your space in a low-stakes way through patterned throw pillows or removable wallpaper.
4. Head toward the fringes. Textile trends are leading toward the tactile, with fringe popping up on everything from bedding to curtains to ottomans.
5. Gild it. Metallic accents make a room pop, and today’s tones can be mixed and layered, so consider trying brass serving trays with polished nickel cabinet pulls.
Copyright 2018 Keller Williams® Realty, Inc.